The Helpdesk Technician II provides outstanding end-user support and service to our employees, onsite and remotely. This position requires experience working directly with employees, providing accurate, courteous and professional responses in a timely manner. Other duties involve installing and configuring hardware and software, troubleshooting issues and providing technical support to internal users to resolve problems related to laptops, desktops, applications, phones, voicemail, e-mail, networks, A/V and conferencing equipment and other IT needs. The position will interface with all employees across all departments and externally with partners and vendors such as CDW, PC Connection, Dell, etc.
We are currently seeking a Helpdesk Technician II to join our IT team in our Tampa corporate office location. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for providing technical support to end users both onsite and remotely under the daily supervision of the Systems Administrator. This position will also offer support for business reporting, regression testing functionality and data mapping.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving end user issues
- Monitoring the ConnectWise ticketing queue and providing support for incoming tickets
- Documenting and assigning tickets to the IT team for additional support when needed
- Assisting in maintaining the knowledge base with accurate and up to date information relating to current IT policies, procedures and troubleshooting techniques
- Offer support for business reporting, regression testing functionality and data mapping
- Liaison between IT team and iVenture (local IT partner), and Broadsmart (phone company)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or related fields is preferred. Certain technical certifications may substitute for degree.
- 4 years of combined industry experience in providing level I, II, or III IT Help Desk support to end users in a microprocessor-based network environment
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with senior analysts and engineers to identify and resolve core problems
- Knowledge of various desktop and notebook applications including Windows 7/8/10. MS Office 2013/2016, Office 365, Adobe Pro.
- Experience in providing remote employee assistance
- Customer-centric and able to handle requests in a timely manner
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Essential Duties & Job Functions: Candidate will employ exceptional customer service skills and can manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects.
Responds to, resolves, and/or escalates trouble calls/support requests via telephone, email, or Service Desk Ticketing System.
Supports the acquisition and inventory of hardware and software.
Provides over-the-shoulder training and assistance to end users on desktop operations including logging in, setting passwords, re-booting, basic and advanced operations in MS Office suite support, Adobe Acrobat, VPN, mobile devices, etc.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to users. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Office 365 administration.
Telephone and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) administration. Work with the phone company.
Participates in or leads special projects as required by the Project Manager.
Provides occasional on-call support after normal business hours.
Candidate will be responsible for providing desktop computer, printer, and video-teleconferencing support according to applicable standards and procedures.
Ability to lift standard PC equipment and peripherals for the purpose of installation/moves/replacements/etc.
Produces procedure and guideline documentation as requested by the Project Manager.
Ensures proper procedures/guidelines are followed during performance of duties.
Provides timely written reports of work status as requested.
Provides timely updates of work status via the ConnectWise Ticketing System.
Manages the on-boarding process for employees to include assisting with user account requirements and providing initial login support, and develops and manages the modification and removal process for user accounts to include data migration and deletion upon out-processing.
Provides guidance on the use and completion of required user access forms for external users. Develops and updates user training materials in regards to client use of software.
Willing to help in areas other than where your expertise may lie, and other than the position you were hired for, to help the team/company accomplish a task.
Timely completion of all work
Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers
Adherence to all safety, health and privacy act rules and regulations
Effective communication and time management
3-5 years of IT Help Desk experience including knowledge and experience with the principles, methods, and techniques involved in IT Help desk operations, support technician operations, and basic Active Directory.
3-5 years of experience using and installing relevant IT hardware, software and other equipment.
3-5 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting desktop operating systems and associated hardware and peripherals.
Possess a high working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows 7/8/10.
Capable of working in a demanding environment of near-100% system availability and be able to render solutions to issues in a timely manner.
Possess excellent telephone etiquette and oral and written communications skills.
Job Type: Full-time