Regional Director of Sales
Assisted Living / Long Term Care
$120,000 – $130,000 per year
The Regional Director of Sales will be assigned a territory comprised of 6-8 communities. Core responsibilities for the Regional Director of Sales is to ensure successful opening of new communities, occupancy growth goals are met within CCRC’s and acquisitions. This position is responsible for the implementation and results of our organization’s sales programs within your assigned territory.
The Regional Director of Sales works in collaboration with the Regional Director of Operations and community leadership to positively impact occupancy by providing sales and marketing support, expertise and guidance to community Sales staff. This individual maintains a professional, supportive and positive working relationship with each designated Community and Regional Operations partner.
Monitors the overall results of selected Community’s sales efforts and makes recommendations regarding necessary changes in marketing strategy, external business development initiatives and community sales performance metrics.
- Supports the on-boarding of new Directors of Community Relations, review trends within assigned communities and to provide coaching and support on overall sales execution.
- Provides accurate forecasting to Regional leadership, monitors daily changes and reports such changes to Regional leadership.
- Effectively coach, mentor and train sales staff with a focus on relationship-based selling strategies (to include inquiry follow-up, advancement of sales and handling objections) to Community Sales Staff. Provides direction, feedback and training relative to all cycles of the selling process. Additionally, provides training in proper telephone etiquette and tour excellence.
- Proficiency with the lead tracking system (YARDI). Utilizes electronic lead tracking reports.
- Leads in the development of quarterly Marketing Plans in collaboration with Community leadership team, collaborates with regional operations as appropriate. Proficient at utilizing the company’s Marketing Plan Model which includes analysis of target market, marketplace trends, internal weaknesses and strengths, external threats and opportunities, positioning statement development, messaging and branding strategy. Monitors quarterly Marketing Plan compliance.
- Assists in the completion of competitive analysis and other market research as needed. Understands how to assist each Community with developing or confirming their market position.
- Conducts external sales calls with Community Sales staff during regularly scheduled site visits. Provides coaching regarding the pre-planning, the execution and the critique of the sales call. Observes inquiry follow-up activity and assists with inquiry follow-up strategy.
- Coordinate, participate and coach marketing staff and others in the planning and execution of group presentations, seminars, special events, trade shows, etc.
- Ensures sales and marketing culture integration occurs with all new Directors of Community Relations.
- Ensures new Directors of Community Relations are on-boarded and have an assigned mentor.
- Plans strategy meetings to discuss sales trends and projections with Regional Operations and Community leadership. Assists communities in ensuring curb appeal and community appearance standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Multi-site management experience
- Previous experience with startups and acquisitions is preferred
- Previous experience within the healthcare industry is highly preferred
- Possessing a driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle
- Strong coaching background
- Must be goal and metric focused
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
According to visittheusa.com: Massachusetts offers visitors an extraordinarily rich array of choices. Its six major regions provide a virtual checklist of options to appeal to any traveler: adventure, relaxation and rejuvenation, romance, and arts and culture.
Expected Salary — $120,000 – $130,000