360 Healthcare Staffing
RN Hospice nurses needed in Richmond. Locals encouraged to apply. Start ASAP.
To provide nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family. Maintains regular communication with the patient care coordinator and physcian to review patient care.
- Receives patient assignments from the patient care coordinator. Assumes responsibility for a patient/family that includes assessing, planning, implementing, re-evaluating and revising care as necessary. Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
- Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur. Initiates and sustains, as needed, the implementation of orders for medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Accepts responsibility for coordinating the physical care of the patient by teaching primary caregivers, volunteers and employed caregivers, or by providing direct care as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient and caregiver how to administer medication and recognize side effects; how to perform personal care and oral hygiene; how to assist in lifting, moving, ambulation and exercise; how to prepare for the events preceding death; proper diet and other instructions as ordered by physician.
- Informs the patient care coordinator of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues. Provides appropriate support at time of death. Shares in providing 24-hour, seven-day-a-week coverage to patients and families.
- Makes home health aide assignments, prepares written instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the home.
- Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the hospice and state and federal regulations pertaining to nursing services.
- Must adhere to Beverly Enterprises’ Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including the documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform specialized procedures, such as IV therapy, only when qualified with specialty training, proven competency, clinical background and expertise in the specialty area.
Physical & Sensory Requirements (with/without the aide of mechanical devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel and patients, ability to remain calm under stress and the ability to travel.
- Must be a registered nurse with a current state license.
- Must have current certification for CPR.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year general nursing experience with current Hospice, medical, surgical or critical care experience. Experience with providing pain management and IV skills preferred.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the hospice philosophy of care.
- Must be knowledgeable of Medicare hospice certification.
- Must have experience in providing services to terminally ill patients.
- Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
- Must demonstrate excellent observation, nursing judgment and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively to corporate staff and to work cooperatively with other associates at all levels.
- Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
From hiking the Appalachian Trail to eating oysters in the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia has plenty to offer.